Sunday, August 20, 2023

Math 8 Abbreviations Assignment Due Monday at 8 am.

The assignment involves drawing initials of your first and last name in block letters onto the first quadrant of a coordinate plane. I demonstrated this in class using "Mr. K." Next, chose 4-5 key points (x,y) and assigned them a letter starting with A. Then I identified the exact points on the coordinate plane. Next, I chose a rotation of 90 degrees clockwise onto the 4th quadrant and identified the same key points and their placement in quadrant four. I continued using a reflection onto the 3rd and a translation onto the 2nd quadrant identifying each transformation and the new points (x,y) of the letters. Students began working on this activity on Friday and have until Monday, August 20th to complete. Send me an email at rkozak@voyageracademy.net if you need further information. 

Monday, we will begin Lesson 6 Describing Transformations and Lesson 7 No Bending or Stretching. 

We are still in need of some class supplies. I have an amazon wishlist here.....https://www.amazon.com/hz/wishlist/ls/1C3D48NOZEB55?ref_=wl_share

Thank you. 

Mr. K



No comments: