Wednesday, May 3, 2023

ELA - Wednesday, May 3rd, 2023

Dear students (and parents),

As many of you know by now, I received a very welcome (though unexpected!) surprise Monday evening. Agnes Page Coursey was born at 8:59pm at 5lbs, 10oz. We are both healthy and happy, and enjoying getting to know each other. Thank you for all the well wishes!

I have already communicated this to the students, but I want to assure parents as well: I have planned ahead for everyone’s continued learning as classes enter these last few weeks of end-of-year review. All assignments and lesson plans are already prepared and laid out in a binder for your substitute(s). You have everything you need to end this school year successfully, prepared for both your EOG and high school.

A reminder to students: all graded assignments for the remainder of the year are listed in PowerSchool with dates. If you are absent on one of these dates, let the teacher know when you return the ASSIGNMENT NUMBER (posted in PowerSchool) of the assignment you missed. There should be an extra copy you can complete in an orange folder on my desk (the folder will have the assignment number on it, so your sub can find it easily). Complete it, and turn it back in to the sub for grading.

If you missed an online assignment/quiz from BEFORE May 1st  (or, for 3rd period, you need to retake the embedding quotes quiz), let your sub know the name of the assignment when you are ready to work on it—I would recommend one day during MTSS. Instructions for how to turn on/unpause an assignment in Edulastic are in the black binder with all the other materials for the sub. They should be able to make the assignment available for you. Please complete these assignments BEFORE Wednesday next week (5/10), as I will need time to update these grades myself.

While I am a bit disappointed that I did not have enough warning to say an official goodbye to you all, please know how proud I am of how far you all have come this year. When I look back at the beginning of the year, it really is stunning how much you have grown: both in your academics, and in your characters. Continue to work hard during your end-of-year review, and give your substitutes the same attention and respect you would if I were still there with you. I hope you will come back to visit when you are in high school!

Sincerely,
Ms. Coursey

 



No comments: