Monday, November 23, 2020
Friday, November 20, 2020
1. Make sure that you and your partner have started the process of researching the court case associated with the amendment you chose to study in Part 1 of the Constitution project.
2. Part 2 (Research following the guidelines) will be collected on Tuesday, December 1.
3. Flocabulary (Indian Removal) is due by 11:59 tonight. You have had 3 days to complete it so make sure that it is on time.
4. Test 2/Quarter 2 will be given on Thursday, December 3. A study guide will be provided early next week.
*Please note that we are about 1 1/2 weeks behind on the syllabus. This is why I am providing dates for upcoming tests and projects. Projects always take longer than expected. Happy Living this weekend!
1. SEL- Email lesson. :)
2. Work on Hero Projects.
Math: If you didn't finish the requested amount of math diagnostic questions, do so.
1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th: finish equations with parallel lines part 2 in google classroom
2nd: hope you enjoyed exploring how the graphing calculator and desmos can write equations for you
Thursday, November 19, 2020
1. Make sure that you have completed warm-up prompts 13 and 14 by this evening. (This should have been completed in class).
2. Continue to conduct research on the Court Case that you and your partner have selected for Part 2 of the Constitution project. You should be adding notes to your shared doc while following the assigned template and directions concerning sources and length of notes.
3. If you are planning on adding to your notes from PART 1, you must let me know today (Periods 1-3). You will be submitting a new google doc in GC if you want more points added to your grade. See me if you still have questions. All updates must be in by Monday, November 23 at 1:10pm.
Math: IXL diagnostic questions due tomorrow (You will have mtss to work on them but some of you need to work outside of the mtss time); Your list in gc should only have the diagnostic question amount on it.
1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th: finish gc Equations from Parallel Lines 1
2nd: Finish gc perpendicular line equations; Animal Project needs to be completed and turned in (Let me know if you want to look at it together
1. Study those idioms! Test next week.
2. Finish watching the first 15 minutes of the video, and complete the Google Form. (If you couldn't access the video clip, see GC for instructions.)
1 - Water Quality Lab Report is due tonight by 11:59. Follow all directions given in class this week. The instructions and rubric are posted with this assignment in GC.
2 - If your group did not finish editing your Water Treatment step slide today in class, finish that. Be ready to explain your step tomorrow in class.
3 - Quiz next week on Tuesday! Study your notes and slideshows on freshwater, aquifers, water quality, and water treatment.
Remember to update your Project Planning dates.
1. Hero Project Product due Dec. 4th.
2. Revisions Due December 9th.
3. Celebration - Voyager Comi-Con December 10th.
And I'm here for tutoring for either your science lab or your project today from 2:00 - 2:45.
Wednesday, November 18, 2020
1 - Complete the Wednesday Check-In/Attendance form by 1:00 pm today - ALL CLASSES. This assignment is posted in GC.
2. Work on your Science Lab Conclusions.
3. Get your materials together for the Hero Project Product.
4. I've offering two options for Tutoring, if you need help.
a. Wednesday (11/18) from 2:00 - 2:45.
b. Thursday (11/19) from 2:00 - 2:45.
Have a great day! 😁
1. Complete the attendance form by lunch.
2. Use the Symbols & Motifs slideshow to fill in the blanks on your notes. (Notes from first materials distribution.)
Tuesday, November 17, 2020
Science Lab Report Help today during class and after school from 2:00 - 2:45 during tutoring.
1. Project Support Purpose, Procedures, and Results should have been submitted as of last night.
2. We're reviewing the Tables and Conclusions today.
3. Make sure you're getting your materials together for the Hero Project Product for a few days.
1. Make sure that you review the notes provided on America 9.4 "The War of 1812"
2. Make sure that you have created a new shared doc for PART 2 of the Constitution Project.
3. You and your partner should be looking for a court case related to your amendment. Make sure that your notes follow the template provided in GC:
Name of Case
Impact (Why does this case matter?)
*Examples provided in GC for assistance
Math: IXL math diagnostic questions due Friday November 20th (just the requested amount of questions - not the list of topics)
1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th: finish google classroom transversals AND thatquiz Angles
2nd: finish google classroom parallel equations; work on Animal Project
1. If you didn't get 15 minutes of IXL practice done during MTSS, do it.
2. Use the Quizlet set or your notes to study the idioms. Idiom jeopardy on Thursday!
Monday, November 16, 2020
There will be No Zoom for Core Connections on Monday, 11/16/2020. However, your assignments and video lesson are posted in Google Classroom. I will return to the internet this evening to answer your questions. Thank you for your patience.
Math: IXL Math Diagnostic Question due Friday Nov 20th (not the list, just the diagnostic questions)
1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th: Thatquiz: Parallel Lines and Transversal
2nd: Thatquiz: Parallel and Perpendicular Lines
Friday, November 13, 2020
Make sure you submit Part 1 of the Constitution Project today in GC!
Here are the links to order the book featured in class (if you are interested):
1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th: